Type of wood used
- All framing is completed in European Ash, however, we also use Birch ply where necessary
Source of wood
- Various reliable timber merchants are used to obtain seasoned, predominantly air-dried but occaisonally kiln dried ash.
Where do you start
- This depends a lot on the project that comes in, for example some require a complete rebuild whereas others need justa few parts.
- For a complete restoration, Alwyn starts with the roof section (if applicable) before moving onto the rest of the ash framework.
- For a partial restoration, where old parts are available for a pattern, new parts are made from these to fit the existing ash frame bodywork